Handy Mart Convenience Store Career Path
Handy Mart believes in providing growth opportunities for employees who have what it takes to succeed at a higher level. All too often employees with other companies find themselves in a job that has limited opportunities for growth. Each position within Handy Mart is designed to be a foundation for the next level. While many of our employees find they are happy in their current roles, there are many others who demonstrate the desire to progress. If you have what it takes, we will put you on the path to SUCCESS!
At the bottom of this page you will see where the career path begins. No matter where your current experience level allows you to start on this path, we will strive to recognize superior job performance by assisting top performers to climb the very rewarding Handy Mart career ladder.
District Supervisor or other management opportunities
The Store Manager position provides a foundation built upon leadership training, people management and retail experience, which can open doors to many other positions in the Company. Several of our District Supervisors have been promoted from within our ranks.
The District Supervisor
The District Supervisor is responsible for:
● The total daily operations of a group of Handy Mart locations (8-10 sites).
● Effectively training and recruiting Store Managers.
● Enforcing policies and procedures and assisting Store Managers with day-to-day operations.
The Store Manager
The Store Manager is ultimately responsible for:
● Entire day-to-day personnel and operations of the store.
● Assignment and follow-up of employee staffing and customer service functions.
● Store merchandising and marketing promotions.
● Employee relations, development, and motivation.
Previous management experience of fast food, restaurant, retail or convenience operations is desired. This position helps provide the foundation for the right person to become a District Store Supervisor.
The Assistant Manager
After the lead associate, the next step in the Handy Mart convenience store career path is the Assistant Manager. The Assistant Manager is primarily responsible for:
● Managing the store in the absence of the Store Manager.
● Supervising and directing the activities of employees, training and development of employees, and monitoring compliance with company policies and procedures.
● Assist Store Manager in maintaining merchandise stock levels and ensuring the flawless execution of marketing promotions.
● Building teamwork and people management skills.
This position provides an excellent training foundation for the right person to become a Store Manager.
The Lead Associate
● Adds advanced duties such as assisting the Store Manager with paperwork and reports.
● Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
● Maintains a positive attitude and willingness to learn new responsibilities.
Store Associate (full or part-time)
Responsible for providing our customers with fast, friendly service. Performs duties such as:
● Ringing accurate register transactions.
● Stocking merchandise.
● Maintaining general appearance and cleanliness of store premises.
Someone who is people-oriented, self-motivated, dependable and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment will succeed in this job.